AUSTAFE - The Association
AUSTAFE represents the national network of senior TAFE Managers. The Association has been operating since 1990 and the predecessor organisation, the Australian Association of TAFE Principals, since 1980.
The primary mission of AUSTAFE is to exert national leadership in support of its members and indirectly the TAFE systems they represent.
AUSTAFE is committed to promoting excellence in Vocational Education and Training (VET) and to developing leaders within TAFE.
AUSTAFE's focus helps identify broad public interest, challenges and assists members and their institutes/colleges in responding to them.
Success of the Association is measured through its ability to achieve government, industry and community recognition, act as an advocate, develop linkages and serve as a resource to help members and their institutions provide excellent post-secondary education opportunities.
- Promote the benefits of VET internationally, nationally and locally.
- Promote TAFE as the pre-eminent provider of VET.
- Support its members to respond to challenges of the changing national and global education and training business.
- Advance the professional status of AUSTAFE.
- Provide forums for the exchange of members' views.
- Provide opportunities for and support the professional development of its members.
For a Step by Step guide to completing your membership, follow this link