2012 National Conference Web Page Goes Live
The 2012 AUSTAFE National Conference "Tafe on Target" has switched on the Conference Web Page.
The Web Page will be a continually developing site until the conference on the 3rd October in Alice Springs.
The site is ready to assist with Registrations and Accommodation details and can be accessed at http://austafeconference.org.au/
TAFE on TARGET
The second decade of the 21st Century is shaping up as the next chapter in Vocational Education and Training (VET) reform in Australia.
TAFE around the country is increasingly being called upon to fill the ‘education gap’ and provide the smooth transition from secondary education right through post-graduate tertiary qualifications.
The various State and Territory Schooling systems have implemented or are undertaking major curriculum changes that provide their students with choices of academic or vocational pathways through their High School Certificates. Secondary Schools are more and more relying on VET to ensure a significant portion of their student cohort obtain their High School Certificate.
State, Territory and Federal Governments are recognising the role that VET in Schools is contributing to, at least in part, addressing the National Skills Shortage.
Dual Sector TAFE’s and Universities are becoming more common and funding reforms mooted for the VET sector will see increased demand on TAFE to provide post-graduate qualifications and Universities to provide VET qualifications
AUSTAFE Conference 2012 “TAFE on TARGET” seeks to answer the questions:
• Is TAFE hitting the Target for Secondary School students through VET in Schools (VETiS)?
• Is TAFE hitting the Target for post Secondary School students through Tertiary studies?
• Is TAFE hitting the Target for meeting the broad educational needs of Regional and Remote students?
• Is TAFE hitting the Target for meeting government, industry and community needs for a highly skilled and educated Australia?
• How is TAFE hitting the Target in equipping its staff to meet the increased training demands of the 21st Century?
• How is TAFE hitting the Target with balancing the demands of increased compliance regulations with the increased delivery needs of students?
You are invited to join us in ALICE SPRINGS at AUSTAFE Conference 2012 “TAFE on TARGET” 3rd through 5th October 2012
Visit the 2012 Conference Web Page at http://austafeconference.org.au/